Tuesday, November 15, 2011

An Affair to Remember

I am in a relationship with Italy. We are in love and we don't care who knows it! The thing is, I went to Florence this weekend and ended up cheating on Italy with none other than, food! I fell madly deeply in love with every morsel or artichoke, potatoe, ravioli, and tiramisu that touched my tongue. This toxic affair not only still lingers on (my hips!) after it is over, but it consumed me as a whole. It was as if I was in some sort of mix between Utopia and the Twilight Zone. I couldn't escape the food but then again it was so good that I secretly had no desire to quit! I knew if I kept it up my love for Italy would soon turn to resentment and our relationship would crumble. Luckily the food of Florence and I only had a one night stand and we were soon only but a memory that I will forever cherish!

                                                 BEST pizza I have had in Italy so far!
                                       Antipasto alla carte: Artichokes, green beans, potatoes,
                                            carrots, sundried tomatoes, and more artichokes!
                           Spinach and ricotta ravioli drizzled with garlic butter sauce and basil
                                                            Tiramisu with raspberry sauce

Oh and did I mention I got to pay for all of this with our meal plan tickets that we like to refer to as Monopoly money!

No comments:

Post a Comment